After I checked a number of blog services, I choose FC2 Blog as the platform for my personal blog. The FC2 Blog service has three advantages relevant to my purpose:
- Pretty authoring interface for mobile phones
- Interface for readers allowing bilingual contexts
- High degree of freedom to customize template HTML and style sheets
I use the template and style as simple and lite as possible, for stress-free browsing through narrow-band network or powerless devices. Contents are mixture of Japanese and English, with a template basically English for full browsers and basically Japanese for mobile phones. I usually write articles on mobile phones and post it via so-called "moblog" interface.
On the other hand, FC2 blog has some defects as a free service:
- No technical support
- Forced insertion of advertisements in articles
(Postscript added 2011-09-02 21:33)
Unfortunately, the mobile authoring interface is not fully compatible with the English display mode. Readers of this blog will sometimes encounter Japanese messages, such as error alerts upon comment submission.
I asked FC2 for exemption from advertisement insertion. It seems accepted. Advertisements have disappeared.
- Derivazioni (2018-12-31)
- Moved to blog.tsigeto.jp (2014-05-28) (2014-12-31)
- Structure of this blog (2011-09-02)
- Starting my personal blog on FC2 (2011-09-02)
Leave your comment
All items are optional (except the comment content). Posted comment will be immediately published, without preview/confirmation.
To pass my SPAM filter, include some non-ASCII characters more than 1% of Your Comment content. If you cannot type non-ASCII characters, copy & paste the star marks: ★☆★☆★☆.